DEHNguard S ... VA
Pluggable single-pole varistor-based arrester
- Multi-purpose surge arrester consisting of a base part and a plug-in protection module
- Leakage-current-free series connection of a varistor and a spark gap in the pluggable protection module
- High reliability due to "Thermo Dynamic Control" SPD monitoring device
- Energy coordination with other arresters of the Red/Line product family
- Easy replacement of protection modules without tools due to module locking system with module release button
- Narrow (modular) design according to DIN 43880
- Multifunctional terminal for connecting conductors and busbars
- Vibration and shock-tested according to EN 60068-2
DEHNguard S ... VA FM: Modular single-pole surge arrester with a varistor connected in series with a spark gap in the pluggable protection module; with remote signalling contact for monitoring device (floating changeover contact)
Multifunctional terminals provide almost unlimited flexibility in terms of connection to one another, but also to other DIN rail mounted devices on the distribution board. However, it is not only flexibility that characterises the DEHNguard S ... VA family. Its distinctive performance parameters set standards worldwide:
A high discharge capacity, complete absence of leakage currents, a low voltage protection level and the dual "Thermo Dynamic Control" monitoring and disconnection device describe the high level of device safety.
The DEHN-specific "Thermo Dynamic Control" disconnector ensures that the arresters enter a safe and isolated state, even in case of extreme overload. For this purpose, the surface temperature of the heavy-duty varistor and the intensity of the discharge current are used for evaluation. In addition to the standard visual indication with red and green indicator flags, the DEHNguard S VA ... FM devices feature a three-pole remote signalling terminal. As the remote signalling contact is designed as a floating changeover contact, the remote signal can, depending on the circuit concept, be used as a make or break contact.