DEHNbloc Maxi S
Coordinated Lightning Current Arrester for Busbars
- Spark-gap-based lightning current arrester with integrated lightning current carrying backup fuse in a compact enclosure
- Directly mounted on the PEN / N busbar
- Low voltage protection level UP ≤ 2.5 kV (includung 80 cm connecting cable)
- Directly coordinated with DEHNguard surge protective device without additional cable length
- Short-circuit withstand capability of 100 kArms (220 kApeak)
- High follow current extinguishing capability and limitation due to RADAX Flow technology
- High lightning current discharge capacity
- With optical-fibre interface for SPD monitoring
Thanks to its unique mechanical design, the coordinated DEHNbloc Maxi S lightning current arrester can be directly mounted on the PEN / N busbar of a switchgear installation without the need for additional adapters.
With the backup fuse integrated in the device, no other separate backup fuses need to be installed.
Installing DEHNbloc Maxi S directly into the connection panel of a switchgear installation upstream of the circuit breaker ensures short cable lengths of the arresters and a low voltage protection level for the installation. In this environment, the VDE-tested DEHNbloc Maxi S can be used for short-circuit currents up to 100 kArms.
With a discharge capacity of 25 kA (10/350 µs), DEHNbloc Maxi S fulfils the highest national and international lightning protection standards for all three-phase current applications in TN and TT systems.
For 3+1 configurations, DEHNgap Maxi S provides a powerful creepage discharge spark gap with a discharge capacity of 100 kA (10/350 µs).
DEHNbloc Maxi S also features patented RADAX Flow follow current limitation, thus ensuring selectivity even in case of low-current-rated fuses.
The capability to conduct lightning impulse currents without destruction and to suppress mains follow currents without tripping upstream overcurrent protective devices ensures the availability of the switchgear installation in the event of a lightning strike. This considerably reduces the risk of arc formation in the installation.
In conjunction with the DEHNsignal remote signalling system, the operating state of DEHNbloc Maxi S devices can be monitored at any time.
Easy-to-implement optical transmission to the DEHNsignal E 3 remote signalling receiver module ensures safe electrical isolation between the power circuit and the remote signalling circuit.